Come to DC from April 14-17 for four days of lobbying, conferences, strategy sessions, concerts and street theater, as we continue to make our demands heard for a just world! Prior to the Days of Action, we will hold a Direct Action Training camp from April 11-13 to train movement activists in the skills needed to carry out effective actions to put the SOA and militarization on the national agenda.
Wednesday, April 11 – Friday, April 13: Direct Action Training Camp
Saturday, April 14: Conference – “International (In)Security”. 9:00am – 5:00pm Metropolitan Community Church, 474 Ridge St., NW, Washington, DC. AFSC 2nd Annual “If I Had a Trillion Dollars” Youth Film Festival. 6:00pm – 9:00pm, Busboys and Poets, 2012 14th Street, NW. (See AFSC for more info)
Sunday, April 15: Strategy Sessions. Georgetown University Law School, McDonough Building, 101 F St., NW, Washington, DC. Contact Becca@soaw.org to confirm attendance and receive materials. Concert! 7:00pm – 10:30pm Live music & plenty of dance space! Haydee’s Restaurant, 3102 Mount Pleasant St, NW.
Monday, April 16: Lobby training, visits & call-in, Rally, March, Direct Action. Lobby training 9:15am – 10:15 am. Stewart Mott House, 122 Maryland Ave., NE. Rally, March, Direct Action: 12:00 – 2:00. Upper Senate Park.
Tuesday, April 17: Lobby training & visits. Lobby training 9:15am – 10:15 am, Stewart Mott House, 122 Maryland Ave., NE. Lobby visits 10:30am – 5:00pm.
CLICK HERE for more details!
- Download and Distribute Flyers
- Put up Posters in your Neighborhood
- Spread the Mobilizing Videos
- Send the Public Service Announcements to your Local Radio Stations
- Post the facebook event page on your facebook profile
- Get your organization to endorse the Days of Action (to endorse, please send an email with your organization’s name to Maria@soaw.org)
- Send an email message about the Days of Action to your family and friends